S&L Aerospace Metals, LLC was founded in 1947 in Brooklyn, NY. The main business was producing bicycle parts. Throughout the 1950’s the focus was changed to small precision parts for the aerospace industry.
S&L grew along with local defense and commercial industries located in the boroughs of NYC as well as Long Island. During the late 1960’s and early 1970’s S&L became a leading supplier of hydraulic and mechanical assemblies to Grumman Aerospace and Fairchild Republic.This was closely followed by an expansion into Sikorsky Aircraft.
The mission of management and ownership is to further develop S&L into a next generation supplier of hard metal, hydraulics, fracture-critical structural parts, machine assemblies, sub-assemblies, and assembly kits for the commercial and military segments of the aerospace markets. This mission is accomplished by management’s steadfast commitment to the highest standard of customer service and providing increasing value to our customers.
The company’s short-term strategic agenda is primarily dedicated to accelerating from supplier to a full-fledged integrator. One of our most recent successes has been that we now supply fully dressed Main and Tail Landing Gear for all Sikorsky Blackhawks and its derivatives. With this recent success, S&L is currently evaluating future opportunities as such.
Today’s customers include Boeing, Goodrich, Messier-Dowty, Parker California, Parker Michigan, Raytheon, Lockheed, Airbus, Derco, Heroux, Devtek and all DLA agencies. Based on the recent expansion of over 100,000 square feet, S&L is well positioned and prepared to become a new company with expanded capabilities and endowments. The disciplined and methodical engagement of strategical planning, complimented by the maintenance of top standard performance and unwavering integrity to our customers, represents the success of our mission statement.